Burgundy Rubber Plants are a popular houseplant choice due to their ease of care, attractive foliage and tree-like presence. They have large leaves witha burgundy tint and a red midrib.
Botanical Name: Ficus Elastica. Approximately 27" in height.
- These plants thrive in areas with full sun to partial shade.
- Bright sunlight produces the darkest burgundy color on the leaves. It will tolerate low indoor light, but its leaves will fade to green.
- If the leaves begin dropping or losing too much color, it's in need of more light.
- Water only when dry to the touch ~ but, then water thoroughly, allowing the water to drain out.
- Avoid getting the leaves wet; Avoid extreme temperatures like AC vents and fireplaces.
- Leaves have a tendency to collect dust, which can block light absorption. Wipe dust off with a moist soft cloth.
- This item is for local delivery or pick-up only.
Rubber Trees can be enjoyed as either a medium-sized houseplant or grown to become an indoor tree. They can grow to impressive heights within a few years, especially if placed outside during the summer months. Keeping it in a contained pot will restrict it's growth, if a more manageable size is preferred.
If the exact products shown are not available at the time of your order, we will substitute products of equal or greater value.